Hemp fam, are you tired of coughing up a lung every time you light up? Fear not, because we’ve got the deets on how to smoke like a boss.
Coughing after every hit is the ultimate rookie mistake. It’s the ultimate signal that you’re not a pro smoker. Your face turns red like a stop sign, your eyes start watering like you just got out of the pool, and the hacking sounds coming from your body is a dead giveaway that you can’t handle your buds.
Hack #1: Choose the Right Strains
First things first, be on point with the quality of buds you’re smoking. Make sure to cop from a reputable source and make sure they’re fresh and clean, free of pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
Pesticides can be a buzzkill and irritate the lungs, causing coughing. So make sure you’re getting the good stuff and avoid the bad.
Hack #2: Slow and Steady Inhalation
Another tip, take small hits and inhale slow-mo. This gives your lungs time to adjust and decrease the chance of coughing. When you inhale too fast, it can cause burning in the lungs and trigger a cough reflex.
By taking small hits, you’re allowing your lungs to gradually adjust to the smoke and reducing the chance of coughing.
Hack #3: Fine Grind and Pure Roll
If you’re rolling your own, make sure to grind your buds finely. This will increase the surface area and make it easier to inhale. Also, avoid using tobacco in your joints, as it can dry out your throat and cause coughing.
Rolling your own joints with just cannabis can be more beneficial as it eliminates the harmful chemicals that come with smoking tobacco.
If you just want to enjoy the smoke without the hassle of rolling your own, check out our pre-rolls.
Hack #4: Cool the Smoke
- Use a filter: A filter can help to remove impurities from the smoke, making it less harsh on the lungs and throat. You can use a pre-made filter or even make one yourself using a small piece of paper rolled into a tube shape.
- Inhale through a straw: Inhaling through a straw can help cool the smoke before it enters the lungs. The smoke is filtered and cooled as it passes through the straw, reducing the temperature and making it less harsh on the lungs.
- Inhale through your nose: inhaling through the nose can help filter and cool the smoke before it enters the lungs. The smoke is filtered and cooled by the nasal passages before entering the lungs, this can help reduce the irritation that causes coughing.
- Use a bong or pipe: Bongs and pipes are designed to cool and filter the smoke before it enters the lungs. The water in the bong or pipe acts as a coolant, reducing the temperature of the smoke and making it less harsh on the lungs.
- Add ice to your bong or pipe: Adding ice to a bong or pipe can help cool the smoke before it enters the lungs. The ice can cool the smoke, making it less harsh on the lungs and throat.
Hack #5: Sip Before You Hit
Another hack to prevent coughing while smoking is to sip before you rip. This technique involves taking a sip of water before taking a hit of cannabis.
The water helps to moisten the throat and lungs, reducing the chance of irritation and coughing. It also can help to cool the smoke before it enters the lungs, making it less harsh.
This is a simple and effective hack that you can try the next time you light up. Just make sure you have a glass of water nearby to sip on before you inhale.
Hack #6: Inhale Fully to Avoid the Coughing Frenzy
Holding back on inhaling can cause a coughing frenzy in the body’s defense mechanisms. When smoke is trapped in the throat, the body’s natural response is to cough in order to clear it.
This coughing frenzy can be avoided by inhaling deeply after taking a hit, allowing the smoke to properly enter the lungs and avoid irritation.
Hack #7 : Try Edibles
If all the above hacks fail, try switching up your consumption method. Edibles are a bomb way to consume cannabis without inhaling smoke, which can be harsh on the lungs and make you hack up a lung.
Just make sure to start with a low dose and wait for the effects to kick in before consuming more, as the effects can take longer to feel but also last longer.